[GIT PULL V2 2/2] ARM: mvebu: MSI mvebu changes for v3.12

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Tue Sep 3 13:47:01 EDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Jason Cooper <jason at lakedaemon.net> wrote:

> Usually one of you pokes me within a few days if something is wrong.
> Had that happened, we wouldn't be here right now.

Yes, we usually try to be quicker at doing merges. We had a few that
took quite long this merge cycle. Summer breaks, travel, and
maintainer handoff and getting up to speed are all factors in that.

> So, my more rational response to this is: How do we prevent this in the
> future?  If I don't hear anything from you in a few days, should I poke
> Arnd/Kevin to take a look at it?  I'm not really keen on making noise
> like that by default.  Any other ideas?

Always send your merge requests to arm at kernel.org, that way everybody
gets them. Just as the rule of thumb with patches, if you haven't
heard back within a week, please ping us to see if we missed it.
Especially true when -rc7 rolls around.

Send those pings to the same alias. It's possible that we handed off
between each other so that the other person is handling merge requests
at that time, but you don't have to worry about that if you use the
alias.

-Olof