[PULL REQ] Big Endian initial patch series

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Wed Oct 30 14:01:09 EDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 03:59:34PM +0000, Ben Dooks wrote:
> On 28/10/13 08:53, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
>
>>> +#ifdef __ARMEB_
>>> +#define LOW_OFFSET     0x4
>>> +#define HIGH_OFFSET    0x0
>>> +#else
>>> +#define LOW_OFFSET     0x0
>>> +#define HIGH_OFFSET    0x4
>>> +#endif
>>>
>>> (spot the missing underscore).
>>
>> Yep, well spotted.
>>
>> Well, we have some time to get this all fixed, so I'm going to drop
>> Ben's tree.  I think we need to first commit a patch to fix the error
>> in Santosh's patch
>
> Ok, shall I look at re-basing to -rc6?
>
> I have a bug report with a change to the SCU reading for the SMP
> fix-up case which could do with fixing, so I could add this and send
> another pull request (complete with description this time).

Rebasing on a later kernel from Linus doesn't do much good, because the
conflicting changes aren't in Linus' tree, but are part of Santosh's
patch set for high physical memory for LPAE systems.

I think we're fine with knowing what the merge fixes are now.  There's
only one remaining problem left, which is a missing .align.  Someone
needs to send a patch for that. :)