[PULL REQ] Big Endian initial patch series

Victor Kamensky victor.kamensky at linaro.org
Wed Oct 30 00:05:09 EDT 2013

On 28 October 2013 08:59, Ben Dooks <ben.dooks at codethink.co.uk> wrote:
> On 28/10/13 08:53, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
>
>>> +#ifdef __ARMEB_
>>> +#define LOW_OFFSET     0x4
>>> +#define HIGH_OFFSET    0x0
>>> +#else
>>> +#define LOW_OFFSET     0x0
>>> +#define HIGH_OFFSET    0x4
>>> +#endif
>>>
>>> (spot the missing underscore).
>>

>> Yep, well spotted.
>>
>> Well, we have some time to get this all fixed, so I'm going to drop
>> Ben's tree.  I think we need to first commit a patch to fix the error
>> in Santosh's patch
>

> Ok, shall I look at re-basing to -rc6?

I just fetched rmk/for-next as of 10/29/2013 8pm PST. I see that big
endian patch series is in. I believe conflict resolution 580dac83 in head.S
is correct. I've added typo and .align fix as in [1] to head.S and
tested BE image on TC2 in both ARM and THUMB2 modes - both boot
and look fine to me.

> I have a bug report with a change to the SCU reading for the SMP
> fix-up case which could do with fixing, so I could add this and send
> another pull request (complete with description this time).

IMHO it would be great if we fix SCU BE A9 SMP issue separately
later, and keep BE changes that are already in rmk/for-next.

Thanks,
Victor

[1] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2013-October/thread.html#207597