[Ksummit-2013-discuss] ARM topic: Is DT on ARM the solution, or is there something better?

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Thu Oct 24 19:54:37 EDT 2013

Can we end this thread now? Please?

The same arguments are going around and around. and around. Nothing new
has been said in the past 50 emails. We've also had some pretty intense
dicussions here in Edinburgh at the ARM summit and about 12 of us
hammered out a proposal for a way to address the log jam of binding
review and to attempt to address the concerns on *both* sides of the
stable-abi debate. Mark Rutland talked a bit about it during his
presentation at ELCE today. Tomorrow it will be discussed at kernel
summit, and I'll be posting it to the list ASAP.

Take a breath. Go for a walk in the garden. Enjoy your weekend, and we
can start a new flame war on Monday on the devicetree list.

g.