[Ksummit-2013-discuss] ARM topic: Is DT on ARM the solution, or is there something better?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Oct 24 10:30:09 EDT 2013

>> > AKA "real world"
>>
>> No. Absolutely not. That was a screwup, and it needs to be *rare*. The
>> excuses you present for it are crappy and uunacceptable.
>
> That's not helping. The fact is that is has happened.

It has happened, yes. But we're describing how things *shall* work going
forward. Coping with existing mistakes is a slightly separate issue.
(Albeit only slightly since mistakes *will* continue to happen, but
hopefully more rarely so our defined processes for coping are based on the
assumption that it should be rare)

--
dwmw2