[RFC 0/1] Device Tree Schema Source format proposal

Benoit Cousson bcousson at baylibre.com
Fri Oct 18 11:51:15 EDT 2013

Hi Tomasz,

I'm glad you're back, we were missing you on that topic :-)

On 18/10/2013 16:56, Tomasz Figa wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Since the ARM Kernel Summit in Edinburgh is coming by big steps and we
> need some food for thought for discussions that will be happening there,
> I am posting my work in progress on Device Tree Schema Source format.
>
> I know I've been supposed to actively work on this and come up with
> something working long time ago already, but due to unexpected
> circumstances (aka neverending streams of other work) I could spend way
> less time than I wanted on it.
>
> How miserably I failed can be seen on an example of Benoit's and Fabien's
> attempt to solve this problem that has likely taken much less time and
> is in an already working state.

That was more a proof of concept that helped us checking our assumptions
and the feasibility. Based on the first feedbacks, we were working on a
slightly different v2, that will anyway not be ready for ELCE. Your
inputs are thus very welcome and will help progressing and converging on
the schema definition.
Well, at least, I hope :-)

> So here I am, posting whatever I have done till now to present my ideas
> that came to my mind while working on this and possibly allow wider
> discussion on this topic.

Great, I'll review that during the flight to be able to discuss that
next week.

> A work in progress text on DTSS format will be sent in a follow-up
> message, for clarity.

Thanks,
See you next week,

Benoit