[GIT PULL] Samsung fixes-1 for v3.12

Kukjin Kim kgene.kim at samsung.com
Sun Oct 13 20:24:54 EDT 2013

Olof Johansson wrote:

> Hi,

> On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim at samsung.com> wrote:
> > Alexander Shiyan (1):
> >       ARM: SAMSUNG: Fix switching FIFO in arch_enable_uart_fifo function
>
> What's the regression that this is fixing? As far as I can tell, the
> code has been the same since 2008. Or did something surrounding it
> change?

Yeah, you're right. Actually I has queued it into non-critical before but
missed to sent out. OK, I agree with you and let me sort out again.

> > Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz (1):
> >       ARM: dts: fix PL330 MDMA1 address in DT for Universal C210 board
> >
> > Jingoo Han (1):
> >       ARM: dts: Remove DP PHY node from exynos5250.dtsi
>
> You are sending this in pretty late. Please be careful about conflicts
> due to this late revert, in particular if you plan on re-introducing
> something in 3.13.

As you know, unfortunately, DP PHY node change applied in DTS without
changing driver in 3.12 so current 3.12 kernel cannot support it. I want
3.12 kernel to support it properly and yes, I have a plan to re-introduce DP
PHY node in 3.13. BTW if you have objection, maybe I will send it to stable
3.12 instead...

> > Tomasz Figa (1):
> >       ARM: dts: Work around lack of cpufreq regulator lookup for
> > exynos4210-origen and trats boards
> >
> > Youngmin Nam (1):
> >       ARM: dts: Fix a typo on Exynos5440 DTS files
>
> This is a bad patch subject, it can be way more specific. Also, this
> is a good reason not to have these elaborate bootargs in the DTS, in
> particular for modern platforms -- the bootargs should come from
> firmware for your platform.

Agreed. The subject should be clear...Anyway current bootargs in DTS is
wrong so I think, it should be fixed, I agree with you about bootargs
though.

Thanks,
Kukjin