[GIT PULL] Keystone SOC updates for v3.13

Santosh Shilimkar santosh.shilimkar at ti.com
Thu Oct 10 19:30:13 EDT 2013

On Thursday 10 October 2013 06:28 PM, Kevin Hilman wrote:
> Hi Santosh,
>
> Santosh Shilimkar <santosh.shilimkar at ti.com> writes:
>
>> Olof,
>>
>> Please pull below Keystone SOC updates for v3.13. As discussed on irc, the
>> pull request is build on top of v3.13-rc4 because of dependent commit
>> c2b9e974{dma/Kconfig: Make TI_EDMA select TI_PRIV_EDMA}. The pull request
>> carries Kconfig update patch {dma: Allow TI_EDMA selectable for ARCH_KEYSTONE}
>> with Vinod Koul's ack as per alignment on the mailing list[1]. The clock
>> driver support is already applied by Mike to his 3.13 clk-next [2]
>>
>> The following changes since commit ef887009524c3631d804a2587ec204c4ff61a5b8:
>>
>>   ARM: keystone: Enable I2C and SPI bus support (2013-10-08 15:37:41 -0400)
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>
>>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ssantosh/linux-keystone.git tags/keystone-soc-for-arm-soc
>>
>> for you to fetch changes up to ef887009524c3631d804a2587ec204c4ff61a5b8:
>>
>>   ARM: keystone: Enable I2C and SPI bus support (2013-10-08 15:37:41 -0400)

>> SOC updates for Keystone II devices:
>>
>> - Clock tree support
>> - Clock management support using PM core
>> - Keystone config update for EMDA with ack from Vinod
>> - Enable SPI and I2C drivers

>> Santosh Shilimkar (9):
>>   ARM: dts: keystone: Add clock tree data to devicetree
>>   ARM: dts: keystone: Add clock phandle to UART nodes
>>   ARM: keystone: Enable clock drivers
>>   ARM: keystone: add PM bus support for clock management
>
> I still don't like this one.  Like I pointed out earlier[1], this
> doesn't really have anything to do with a bus, so it doesn't belong in
> drivers/bus (and the 'bus' naming throughout isn't right.)  IMO, it
> belongs in mach-keystone as the platform glue telling how the PM domains
> are hooked up on keystone.

I did ask follow up question[2] back since I thought there is nothing
machine specific code in that. Thought you agreed to my argument.

> Please move it to mach-keystone, and s/pm_bus/pm_domain/ throughout
> since it has nothing to do with bus.  The 'bus' naming in davinci is
> leftover from the pre-pm_domain days when we were overriding functions
> of the platform_bus.

But I respect your view and hence will send and updated pull request
with the above rename.

Regards,
Santosh

[2] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2013-August/196027.html