[RFCv3 0/7] OMAP SSI driver

Sebastian Reichel sre at debian.org
Thu Oct 10 13:21:30 EDT 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 10:28:15AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Sebastian Reichel <sre at debian.org> [131006 13:36]:
> > Here is the third round of the OMAP SSI driver patches.
>
> Thanks for updating these, they look good to me now:
>
> Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com>

Ok. I guess it's time to check how this gets included in the kernel.

The first patch has already been queued and the last patch could
probably go through Benoît once the DT people have reviewed the
updated patches. The other ones would normally go through the
hsi tree, but that one was maintained by Carlos Chinea and is
now more or less orphaned.

My suggestion is:

1. I create another patch, which adds entries for hsi subsystem and
   ssi driver to MAINTAINERS.

   It would be nice to have some co-maintainers for the subsystem.
   Linus Walleij maybe? I think you created the launchpad blueprint [1]?
   Especially because I have no documentation/specification for HSI, which
   brings me to my next slightly off topic request.

   I would like to have access to SSI documentation and HSI specification.
   Can the guys from Texas Instruments please give me some pointers how I
   can get access to the NDA'd documentation? I couldn't find any hints
   on ti.com.

2. I create a patch adding Carlos Chinea to CREDITS

3. I create a git repository and put all of the patches in there, so
   that they can be pulled into linux-next.

4. I add a gpg/pgp signed tag with the key used to signed this mail.

Any issues with this or any other suggestions how to proceed? And if following this
- should I request an account on kernel.org to host the repository there,
or should I just upload it at a random place?

[0] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/tree/Next/Trees
[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linux-linaro/+spec/hsi-subsystem-maint

-- Sebastian