[RFC] ASoC: pcm: Trigger all commands on error

Markus Pargmann mpa at pengutronix.de
Thu Oct 10 04:40:40 EDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 03:59:17PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 04:12:42PM +0200, Markus Pargmann wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 02:20:04PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
>
> > > I'm not sure what you mean here.  How would the error be handled without
> > > calling _STOP?
>
> > The START error should be handled in mxs_saif and there shouldn't be a
> > _STOP call for mxs_saif_trigger afterwards to handle the failed START.
>
> How would the framework know that the error has been handled - what
> tells it that the error returned is for an error that has been handled
> as opposed to an error that has not been handled?

I finally understand what you mean. Yes, RFCv1 fixes the behavior for
the components without _START failures. But it doesn't fix it for the
failing component.

For mxs-saif, we still have to store if the last START failed to handle
the following STOP correctly which is not very different from handling
double STOPs correctly. I don't have an idea how to fix RFCv1 without
using some state as in RFCv2. Perhaps we should simply fix it in
mxs-saif and other drivers then?

Regards,

Markus