Use of drivers/platform and matching include?

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Thu Oct 3 12:46:30 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 7:45 AM, Kumar Gala <galak at codeaurora.org> wrote:
> As we look at upstreaming more support for the Qualcomm MSM SoCs there are a number of drivers or library like routines that are unique to the MSM platform, we are thinking that putting them under:
>
> drivers/platform/qcom/

drivers/platform has traditionally been used for OEM/product platform
drivers, i.e. stuff such as laptop drivers or server management module
drivers, i.e. not platforms in "SoC family" sense.

I don't have a good answer though. If it wasn't for the arm64 fork,
locating these under arch/arm somewhere would really be the reasonable
answer, like we used to do on powerpc. :(

-Olof