Armada XP doesn't boot in v3.12-rc3

Matthew Minter matthew_minter at xyratex.com
Wed Oct 2 11:55:25 EDT 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

To give a little background the box is a Marvell DB-MV784MP-GP.
It also appears that it is a revision B0 which various materials seem
to imply matters but I am not sure of the significance.

I have tried a number of configurations including the defaults for the
mach and various settings including turning CONFIG_HAVE_ARM_ARCH_TIMER
on and off.

Some configurations result in no output after uBoot's booting kernel
line, but some reach theline "calibrating timer loop" then hang
indefinitely.

I am now trying the fixes branch at
git://git.infradead.org/linux-mvebu.git (thanks Ezequiel) to see if
that contains a solution. Once I have tried that I shall see what
changes it made and mail back any results. (I am talking to the board
down a serial over USB connection so can get a fair amount of
diagnostics from the early printk system).

Best regards,
Matthew