[Inquiry] How to boot using USB device and configure PCI using OMAP4460/4470?

Maggie Mae Roxas maggie.mae.roxas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 20:47:42 EST 2013

Hi Felipe,
Good morning.

Thank you very much for the feedback.

> all you need to do is write a flasher and a small "bootloader" which
> knows about usb. ROM code can receive data via USB and jump to that
> data's entry point.
> It's all in the TRM.
OK, I will look into this.
However, it seems like this question (1) is not kernel-related.
Can you direct me to the correct contact person for this?

> that's because OMAP4 doesn't have a PCI controller.
But TI OMAP4470 Blaze Tablet 2 Development Platform contains PCI (miniPCIe).
How is Blaze 2 tablet's kernel configured then..?
# I based it on specs at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn167241.aspx
# I also have actual Blaze 2 and it has miniPCIe ports, although I
haven't tested if it's working.

> you're on your own, sorry. You need to ask for support from whoever gave
> you that v3.0 kernel.
Ok, noted. Thank you.

Regards,
Maggie Roxas