build failure: linux-next: ARM defconfigs: imx_v4_v5, imx_v6_v7

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Thu May 30 18:41:12 EDT 2013

On 05/30/2013 04:33 PM, Kevin Hilman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The SPI driver for IMX started failing in linux-next (next-20130530)
> where the previous tag build fine.  Below is the build error[1],
> followed by the the commit[2] that I think introduced the problem.  It
> appears to be some missing (or extra) curly braces.

Sorry about that. Sachin Kamat <sachin.kamat at linaro.org> has already
sent a patch, which Mark has applied, so this should be fixed in the
next linux-next. Unfortunately, linux-spi at vger.kernel.org doesn't seem
to be archived anywhere, so I can't link to it. Oh, I guess gitweb has it:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/broonie/spi.git/commit/?h=topic/bpw&id=6051426fd0538eac4e28c55a08e4f4fb1c709b65