Marvel 8797 Wifi module using SDIO 3.0

John Tobias john.tobias.ph at gmail.com
Mon May 13 13:56:47 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I have a Wifi module based on 8797 Marvell chipset and it using SDIO
3.0. I am using iMX6 SD board and linux kernel 3.9 stable released
(https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/).
The 8797 module support the 4bit mode and the problem right now, the
SDHCI controller and the said module couldn't communicate to each
other (if using 4bit mode). But, If I force to use the 1bit mode, both
of them can communicate correctly. Also, I force the SDHCI to use ADMA
or SDMA, but there's no effect output.

I would like to know if anyone here solved the problem or an idea how
to deal with it?.

Regards,

John