[GIT PULL] mailbox driver framework for v3.10 merge window

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Fri May 3 09:39:42 EDT 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> wrote:
> On Thursday 02 May 2013 17:09:07 Suman Anna wrote:
>>
>> I do not know how much of an impact it is for the ST driver as the
>> series adds the driver, and would have to wait until the RFC is sorted
>> out otherwise.
>
> I think I'd prefer to drop the branch from the 3.10 queue then
> and let you all work out a common approach for 3.11. Olof, any
> other input?

This will block all refactoring of the PRCMU driver, which Loic
is working on, and also Ulf Hansson's clock driver. It is basically
the key to breaking that driver apart and distributing it out into
the proper subsystems. Loic has a big patch series for that
for next merge window which will then have to be postponed,
or queued on top of the mailbox work when finished.

But maybe it's the right thing to do if the subsystem needs more
work? I have no clear opinion on this, Loic, Ulf?

Yours,
Linus Walleij