[BISECTED] 3.10-rc1 OMAP1 GPIO IRQ regression

Javier Martinez Canillas martinez.javier at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 21:01:41 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 1:43 AM, Aaro Koskinen <aaro.koskinen at iki.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 01:06:37AM +0200, Javier Martinez Canillas wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 12:16 AM, Aaro Koskinen <aaro.koskinen at iki.fi> wrote:
>> > What is the status of this patch? We're already at 3.10-rc7 and GPIO
>> > IRQs are still broken on OMAP1.
>
> [...]
>
>> There is a problem with this patch.
>
> [...]
>
>> So I think that the correct solution is to add SPARSE_IRQ support to
>> omap1 and not reverting Jon's patch. Of course this may not be
>> possible since we are so close to 3.10 and most OMAP patches already
>> merged for 3.11 but we should definitely try to have this at least for
>> 3.12. Otherwise we won't be able to move to DT-only booting for
>> OMAP2+.
>
> OMAP1 does not use DT. So we could put this code under #ifdef
> CONFIG_ARCH_OMAP1 or similar. It's just a few lines of code. OMAP2+
> work should not regress OMAP1.
>
> Demanding SPARSE_IRQ support for OMAP1 should have been discussed before
> these changes were made. It's not reasonable to assume such things can
> be made during rc-cycle. Also, now, I don't think it's reasonable to
> wait for that to be done, as it would take until 3.12 or even later to
> get OMAP1 functional again.
>
> A.

Hi,

Yes, since we are so late in the -rc cycle and OMAP1 is currently
broken I agree that the only sensible solution is to revert the patch
for now.

I just wanted to point out the issue that keeping the OMAP GPIO driver
using legacy mapping domain represents a blocker to have GPIO-IRQ
working with Device Tree for OMAP2+

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Javier