Issue with gpio and pinmux

Damien Riegel damien.riegel.ext at parrot.com
Thu Jul 25 10:42:59 EDT 2013

> Does this recently submitted documentation patch help in explaining
> some of your questions?
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=137442899829271&w=2
This is a very helpful addition to the existing documentation.

My reflection rather was: when gpio is not orthogonal, we could just
check mux_owner to see if pin is available; and when it is, use the
current implementation.

But well, we obviously need to way to tell if gpios are orthogonal or
not, and adding a function to struct pinmux_ops is an elegant solution
to do so since it even allows a pin granularity.

I guess I sent my previous mail a bit too quickly.