Can't get FIQ interrupt to work on i.mx233

Juha Lumme juha.lumme at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 09:42:26 EDT 2013

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the idea, that's indeed a dead simple way to find out.
Being sure that I will get stuck in FIQ handler, I started experimenting
different things, and it seems that if instead of calling
mxs_icoll_set_irq_fiq(31) (which only sets FIQ bit), I directly set bits
4 (FIQ) and 2 (ENABLE) in HW_ICOLL_INTERRUPT31 register, my interrupt
starts working as expected. Maybe I can also leave enable_fiq out this way.

So it currently seems like mxs_icoll_set_irq_fiq (which I patched in)
and enable_fiq (already there) are not working as expected currently in
freescale's mainline 3.10.
I will try to find out the reason, and create patches for this - but if
you have any pointers on what might help me on a right path, I would
appreciate it.

Anyway, thanks for helping me this far already,
Juha