[v3 3/3] sata: imx: add ahci sata support on imx platforms

Tejun Heo tj at kernel.org
Fri Jul 5 22:07:37 EDT 2013

Hello,

On Sat, Jul 06, 2013 at 02:03:30AM +0000, Zhu Richard-R65037 wrote:
> [Richard] Just like what we dicussed in the previous v1/v2
> patch-set.  Shawn has the concerns that the IP speicific codes
> shouldn't be put in the platform level.  So he suggested that setup
> a stand-alone driver, contained the imx6q ahci sata specific codes,
> and re-use the generic ahci_platform driver as much as possible.
> This imx6q standalone ahci sata driver just registers the platform
> data, and the others would be handled by ahci_platform driver.

Oh, I'm not objecting to the ahci specific part not being in platform
code.  I'm wondering whether specific handling for imx6q can be
included into ahci_platform rather than being in its own driver.  It
just seems that there aren't too many differences.  I could be
misreading it so if there are enough differences to warrant a separate
driver, please enlighten me.

Thanks!

--
tejun