[GIT PULL v2] arm-soc: Xilinx zynq timer changes for v3.9

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Mon Jan 28 01:13:50 EST 2013

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 04:48:43PM +0100, Michal Simek wrote:
> Hi Arnd and Olof,
>
> can you please look at this pull request?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I was out sick part of last week and dealing with
backlog when I got back on my feet. Doing a sweep of pull requests now.

Two comments.

1. mach-pxa/time.c conflict resolution doesn't seem right -- you for some
   reason deleted the suspend/resume struct members from the
   clock_event_device.

2. Below:

> > Soren Brinkmann (7):
> >       arm: zynq: timer: Replace PSS through PS

This is pure churn. :( We can't keep renaming things in the kernel just
because some document writer decides to change a term, we tend to stick
to what's already there. As long as it's not completely misleading, at least.

I' shortly  push a new "depends/cleanup" branch to arm-soc. It essentially
contains the next/cleanup contents that you merged together yourself,
but as a branch that you can just pull in. Since others might need to
do the same, providing the branch from us just makes sense.

So, can you please rebase on top of that and send a fresh pull request? If
you really want the PSS->PS rename included I'll give you a first-time
pass for it but please keep it in mind for the future.

Thanks!

-Olof