[GIT PULL] ste_dma40 updates for 3.9

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Tue Jan 15 01:48:15 EST 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 2:15 AM, Fabio Baltieri
<fabio.baltieri at linaro.org> wrote:
> Hello Arnd, Olof,
>
> This contains a series of updates and fixes for the ste_dma40 driver.
>
> The driver is specific for the ux500, and the patches were acked by both Linus
> Walleij, and Vinod Koul (dmaengine), who agreed to push this through arm-soc.
>
> Can you please pull those in for -next?

While I don't mind taking this through arm-soc, I don't see a strong
reason to do so?

This series of patches only modify the ste_dma40 driver, there are no
corresponding changes under arch/arm that need to be coordinated or
considered w.r.t. merge conflicts. I.e. they all seem nicely isolated
to only the driver.

So is there a specific reason for why these shouldn't just go in
through the dmaengine tree?

Thanks,

-Olof