Reboot hangs on Kirkwood ns2 boards with 3.8-rc2

Simon Guinot simon.guinot at sequanux.org
Mon Jan 7 10:09:18 EST 2013

On Sun, Jan 06, 2013 at 09:35:21AM +0100, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 06, 2013 at 04:34:55AM +0100, Simon Guinot wrote:
> > Hi Andrew and Jason,
> >
> > While testing 3.8-rc2 on the ns2 boards (DT based), I noticed that
> > reboot is not working. After issuing a reboot, the kernel hangs. No
> > error messages are displayed. Moreover, on my non-DT Kirkwood boards,
> > reboot is working as expected.
> >
> > Am I the only one to experiment this issue ?
>
> Hi Simon
>
> No you are not the only one. There is a patch available, authored by
> me, which is identical to what you found.

Arf, it's a shame I have missed this reports. It could have spared some
time by asking at you earlier.

About the issue itself. I understand that a clock is needed by the
orion-ehci driver. But even if the clock is not provided by the DT, it
should have been fixed by kirkwood_legacy_clk_init(), isn't ? What's
wrong with this workaround ?

Simon