Cortex-A15 MM patches

Catalin Marinas catalin.marinas at arm.com
Wed Feb 13 06:00:45 EST 2013

Hi Simon,

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 08:41:17AM +0000, Simon Horman wrote:
> I would like to enquire about the status of two patches which I believe
> were part of TC2 Evaluation Build which uses commit
> 7d80417ef67d51db15d5e72ac336aa6e0586014f of linaro-tracking.git.
>
>   http://releases.linaro.org/12.10/android/vexpress
>
> 1. ARM: LPAE: Invalidate the TLB for module addresses during translation fault
>
>    http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2012-February/086036.html

Another variant has been proposed:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-arch&m=134858482615574&w=2

Unfortunately I haven't got any feedback.

Linaro should use the new patch instead of the old one so that it gets
wider test coverage.

> 2. ARMv7: Do not clean the PTE if coherent page table walk is supported
>
>    http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2011-July/055379.html

That's a valid patch but IIRC Russell wanted to cover the pmd as well. I
think it's better to include such patch if it makes a significant
difference in performance. I haven't done any benchmarks.

--
Catalin