OMAP display subsystem - does it work?

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Dec 19 12:53:36 EST 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 03:54:42PM +0200, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:
> On 2013-12-18 14:00, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
>
> > So, here goes.  LDP3430:
> >
> > OMAP DSS rev 2.0
> > omapdss DPI error: can't get VDDS_DSI regulator
> > omapfb omapfb: failed to connect default display
> > omapfb omapfb: failed to init overlay connections
> > omapfb omapfb: failed to setup omapfb
> > platform omapfb: Driver omapfb requests probe deferral
> >
> > I don't see evidence of it being re-probed, but I do see this during boot
> > which implies that there's nothing there:
> >
> > XIO:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
> >       after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
>
> I don't have an LDP board at hand, and I wasn't able to find out anything
> from the logs.

Well, the X server dies because of some issue with tslib.  No idea
about that.  However, disabling touschreen stuff, the X server comes
up, but the LCD remains blank.

Since the LDP has openembedded stuff on it, it normally would boot
with a progress splash - that also is never displayed.  Maybe there's
something up with the backlight support?  This used to work with
mainline kernels I don't know how long ago.