[ARM ATTEND] Specification of ARM memory features and related discussion of said features

Laura Abbott lauraa at codeaurora.org
Tue Aug 13 19:08:57 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'd like to attend the ARM summit to discuss the specification of
various memory features. Most devices right now have relatively simple
memory layouts but as ARM catches up with x86 or other arches in terms
of memory features, we're going to need a good way to specify all the
necessary details. Possible topics:

- Tradeoffs of complete removal of regions of memory via memblock_remove
vs. passing in regions of memory
- Defining memory of different interleaving/speeds
- Defining hotpluggable/power-offable memory
- NUMA or NUMA like behavior
- bootloader specification of memory features vs. devicetree
specification of memory features
- Specification of 'software' memory maps with features such as CMA[1]

I'm mostly interested in devicetree specification but I'm also
interested in discussion of any of the features themselves and what ARM
would need to match other arches.

Thanks,
Laura

[1] http://lists.linaro.org/pipermail/linaro-mm-sig/2013-August/003359.html