[Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ARM ATTEND] Describing complex, non-probable system topologies

Bjorn Helgaas bhelgaas at google.com
Thu Aug 1 18:26:30 EDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Will Deacon <will.deacon at arm.com> wrote:

> ... For example, interfacing
> a PCIe device with an SMMU requires knowledge of both the requester id
> associated with the device and how that maps to incoming stream ids
> (based off the AXI bus id) on the SMMU.

Tangent: We're trying to hash out a way for IOMMU drivers to use a PCI
interface to discover the requester IDs associated with a device.  We
currently only have one users (intel-iommu.c), and it would be awesome
to have another user to help make things generic.  Please chime in if
you have opinions.

https://lkml.kernel.org/r/20130711210326.1701.56478.stgit@bling.home