OMAP baseline test results for v3.7-rc1

Paul Walmsley paul at pwsan.com
Sun Oct 21 04:23:35 EDT 2012

On Sun, 21 Oct 2012, Richard Cochran wrote:

> You are using an obsolete u-boot and the "legacy" appended dtb
> method. It was my understanding that that way is just a temporary hack
> in case the boot loader does not support dtb.
>
> Now that u-boot has the proper support, using the dtb method is the
> "offical" boot method, AFAICT. At least, that is what people are
> saying on the arm list. So I think that if you want to test whether a
> particular board is booting correctly, it is more useful to try the
> offical method.

I'm not interested in testing the bootloader, only the kernel.

And in particular, my focus is currently on the OMAP-specific parts of the
boot and the PM code, not any kernel DT code.

> People keep saying, the beaglebone works fine with v3.7-rc1, but it
> isn't true.  Now v3.7-rc2 is out, and the gpmc issue still has not been
> fixed, and no one is doing anything about it either.

There's likely to be quite a bit that doesn't work in the AM335x boards in
mainline, due to the fact that it's the first OMAP DT-only board.  Many
device drivers and subsystems are still not fully adapted to DT across
most ARM boards.

> When I read your report, it gave me a much rosier picture than is
> actually the case WRT the beaglebone.

Really?  What section of the message provided that to you?

- Paul