ARM_ATAG_DTB_COMPAT fails on fdt_ro.c compiling

Shawn Guo shawn.guo at linaro.org
Thu Oct 11 03:24:32 EDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 01:21:02PM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:

> >> The build still fails for me at this commit.
> >
> > I can't reproduce this.
>
> Same here. It builds fine for me.

Thanks all for confirming it works.

I just figured it out on my end.  Here is how it gets broken for me.

- Before commit cd29672 (dtc: import latest upstream dtc) gets in,
  I did a build without O=<output_dir>.  It results in a copy of those
  libfdt files in arch/arm/boot/compressed.

- After the commit gets in, I start a build with O=imx parameter.  When
  compiling imx/arch/arm/boot/compressed/fdt_ro.c, the #include <libfdt.h>
  in fdt_ro.c seems to match the one left in arch/arm/boot/compressed/
  from last build rather than imx/arch/arm/boot/compressed/libfdt.h.

Cleaning the libfdt copies in arch/arm/boot/compressed fixes the
problem.  Not sure why it's not "libfdt.h" but <libfdt.h> is used as
the inclusion though, since the .h and .c are in the same folder.

Shawn