Booting vanilla kernel on the beaglebone

Richard Cochran richardcochran at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 01:09:48 EDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 06:34:18PM +0000, Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:

> As I mentioned they are expected to get merged for rc1 and result of
> integration during merge window.

There is a DT binding document

   Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/cpsw.txt

but cpsw does not appear in either am335x-bone.dts, am335x-evm.dts, or
am33xx.dtsi, or for that matter, in *any* dts file anywhere. I have
looked in mainline master, linux-next, and in the master branch of

   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap.git

Is there an issue keeping the cpsw/DT combination from working?
If not, is there a file dts for the bealgebone somewhere?

Thanks,
Richard