[GIT PULL] Samsung fixes for v3.4

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Sat May 12 18:48:23 EDT 2012

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim at samsung.com> wrote:
> On 05/13/12 07:29, Olof Johansson wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>

>> Since we are _so_ close to release, I am going to be picky about what
>> kind of patches we're going to accept for 3.4. See below.
>>
>> On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Kukjin Kim<kgene.kim at samsung.com>  wrote:
>>

>>> Changhwan Youn (1):
>>>      ARM: EXYNOS: fix the hotplug for Cortex-A15
>>

>> This is a feature, not a bug fix -- cpu hotplug has never worked for
>> A15 based on the patch description. So per definition it's 3.5
>> material.
>>
> Hmm, in this case, IMHO, it's hard to say whether it is not a bug fix
> because in current mach-exynos/ problem happens during cpu hotplug on
> exynos5250 without that...But, OK it will be queued for v3.5.

Agreed, it's a borderline case -- and earlier in the -rc cycle I would
have included this one without complaints.

>> Also, I'll send out a comment on the patch itself, it shouldn't check
>> for SoC version, it should check for core version. See separate email
>> shortly.
>>
> OK, thanks for your comments and will update it even though checking SoC
> version is enough in mach-exynos/ :)

Well, sort of -- you will need to add new checks when you add another
SoC with A15, and that's just messy. If you check for A15 instead,
then you won't have to modify that piece of code for every new SoC
(hopefully).

>>> Jose Miguel Goncalves (1):
>>>      ARM: SAMSUNG: Fix for S3C2412 EBI memory mapping
>>

>> This has been broken since 2.6.32. Please queue it up in a fixes
>> branch for the 3.5 merge window instead, it doesn't qualify as a
>> recent regression and thus we shouldn't try to squeeze it in before
>> the merge window closes.
>>
> OK, I agree.
>

>>> Kukjin Kim (1):
>>>      ARM: EXYNOS: fix ctrlbit for exynos5_clk_pdma1
>>>
>>> Marek Szyprowski (1):
>>>      ARM: EXYNOS: use s5p-timer for UniversalC210 board
>>

>> Those two look appropriate. Please send a new pull request with those two.
>>
> I sent just now.

Thanks for the quick turnaround!

-Olof