[GIT PULL] mxs: device tree support for v3.5

Shawn Guo shawn.guo at linaro.org
Thu May 10 03:55:33 EDT 2012

On 10 May 2012 15:17, Olof Johansson <olof at lixom.net> wrote:
> Hrm. It would have probably been better to base the pinctrl and clk
> work on top of this, since we tend to order the dt work before much of
> the other topic branches.

It will be hard to do.  Device tree support naturally depends on
pinctrl support.  Pinctrl is actually a blocker for many platforms to
be converted over to DT.  I'm supporting pinctrl for mach-mxs from the
beginning we move to DT, and those mxs drivers have to be based on
pinctrl to have their pins defined in DT to work.

>From my experience on DT migration, the clock file will constantly be
touched to change/add clk lookup.  It's hard to tell that there will
no further DT support touching clock when we convert clock to common
clk at some point.  I think it will be easier to have DT based on
common clk series.

> Anyway, I've rebuilt next/dt without this branch now. I will temporary
> just revert the merge in for-next until it's rebuilt next time.

Thanks, Olof.

Regards,
Shawn