[MX25][MMC] mmc esdhc failure in 3.3

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Tue Mar 27 05:06:15 EDT 2012

Hi Wolfram,

Le Tue, 27 Mar 2012 11:01:49 +0200,
Wolfram Sang <w.sang at pengutronix.de> a écrit :
> > >does that attached patch fix your problem ?
> >
> > YES, indeed it does to a certain degree. The timeout errors do not
> > occur anymore and I can successfully perform many fs->ops, such as
>
> Interesting question is now why it worked on your older kernel? The code
> around BROKEN_TIMEOUT is there for much longer, I'd think.

not in fact it seems to have been broken from a long time and I think
I'm responsible of that in 37865fe91582582a6f6c00652f6a2b1ff71f8a78
"mmc: sdhci-esdhc-imx: fix timeout on i.MX's sdhc"
because unlike the i.MX35 it seems that the i.MX25 manages to read
properly the partition table even without the timeout quirk and it
seems that I didn't do more extensive tests for this patch.

Eric