Conflict between Versatile Express DT conversion and local timer updates

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Tue Mar 13 20:52:13 EDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 7:33 AM, Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 March 2012, Marc Zyngier wrote:
>
>> > d) create a new next/timer branch in arm-soc that has Pawel's
>> >    98ed4ceb "ARM: vexpress: Get rid of MMIO_P2V" (the first patch from
>> >    vexpress/dt, your patches and the ux500/timer series. Also put
>> >    98ed4ceb into the next/cleanup branch.
>> >
>> > Any of those will work for us, my preference would be on #4. I have
>> > created the next/timer branch in the arm-soc tree, so you can use
>> > that and either rebase your patches on top or merge your tree into
>> > it and fix up the merge conflicts.
>>
>> Thanks for doing that Arnd.
>>
>> I've thus created a new branch:
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/maz/arm-platforms.git
>> local_timers-for-arm-soc
>>
>> which contains the arm-soc next/timers branch as well as my local timers
>> series. I'd greatly appreciate if you could pull it for 3.4.
>>

> I've updated the next/timer branch with your changes now, but did not
> put it into the for-next branch because Olof is currently handling that.
>
> Olof, can you add it to for-next please? The timer branch should have
> no dependencies other than rmk/for-armsoc, so it can be fairly close to
> the start.

Thanks. I merged into for-next, but since there's already a history in
there and I didn't rebuild it, it's on top of everything else.

I got two trivial merge conflicts (and a few that git sorted out
automatically): one with the tegra makefile, the other with shmobile's
timer init.

Marc, please take a look at the next/timers merge in the arm-soc
for-next branch and let me know if they're OK. I'm pretty sure they
are though.

-Olof