Inconsistent kallsyms data on ARM.

Paul Gortmaker paul.gortmaker at windriver.com
Tue Mar 13 18:00:49 EDT 2012

This bug(?)  has been seen to float from one ARM build to another since
I started tracking the day-to-day changes in Stephen's linux-next builds.

I see it was discussed earlier:

   https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/8/2/233
   https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/10/8/70

but no concrete cause was nailed down.  Can the linux-next build results
help shed some light on this in any way?  Since it seems sporadic, is
there value in embedding a diagnostic of some sort in the infrastructure
so that when the error is detected, that it prints out more detailed info?

I can provide links to failed linux-next builds, but at the moment, all they
really seem to have is the same repeated error message, like this one:

   http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/buildresult/5869367/

and I don't see that helping folks all that much....

Paul.