[GIT PULL 3/4] Samsung devel-mmc for v3.4

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Sat Mar 10 13:10:38 EST 2012

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Olof Johansson <olof at lixom.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 8:08 AM, Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim at samsung.com> wrote:
>> Hi Arnd, Olof
>>
>> This is regarding Samsung mmc for v3.4.
>>
>> As a note, v3.4-for-cjb branch is merged into mmc/mmc-next like following:
>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/cjb/mmc.git;a=commit;h=fcd9bdae386753531a9cb6b2577359a83f4e121c
>
> Looking at this series, there's really only one patch that is not in
> the mmc tree:
>
> ARM: SAMSUNG: change the name from s3c-sdhci to exynos4-sdhci
>
> And all it does is change the platform device string contents.
>
> Since there are no build-time dependencies between this and the MMC
> change, I suggest you send only this patch so that we avoid having
> merge dependencies where not strictly needed.
>
> Would that be OK with you? If so, please send a fresh pull request
> with only the above change in it.

Sorry, I misread the series when browsing it. Looks like there are two
more patches in it:

mmc: sdhci-s3c: add platform data for the second capability
ARM: SAMSUNG: support the second capability for samsung-soc

But the original suggestion remains, since those two seem to be
unrelated to the branch sent to Chris. So please resend with just
those patches, please?

Thanks,

-Olof