[GIT PULL] Samsung board stuff for v3.4

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Sat Mar 10 12:45:08 EST 2012

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 7:34 AM, Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim at samsung.com> wrote:
> Hi Arnd, Olof,
>
> Please pull regarding Samsung board patches for v3.4.
>
> Most are enabling some features(IPs) on each board and
> one is adding new board file, Samsung Mobile's TRATS board.

Given that exynos has started conversion to device tree, there should
not be any  additions of non-devicetree-probed board files being
added.

At the very least, you should move over to using DT_MACHINE instead of
MACHINE for the new board, and probe using device tree. Even better
would be if you added support for this board through mach-exynos4-dt.c
instead of adding a brand new board file.

I also see a large number of the same additions of devices, done to a
number of board files. I don't think you need to rework those patches
now, but please consider how you can make it less "churny" to add a
device on the SoC in the future without touching all board files.

If you rebase without the board file addition I can take the rest of
the branch while that part is being reworked. Please send a new pull
request with the rebased tree.

Thanks,

-Olof