[RFC] IIO LRADC for mach-mxs

Marek Vasut marek.vasut at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 05:30:00 EST 2012

> Marek Vasut <marek.vasut at gmail.com> wrote:

> >died

> >time

> >sampling

> >probe-time

> >selected.

> >demanded,

> >configured in

> >data.

> >particular

> >(replacement as

> >probably

> >we

> >directed

> >the

> >you'd

> >channels will

> >In

> >following

> >the

> >channels

> >with

> >enabled

> >already do

> >use

> >is that

> >unit.

> >are on

> >just

> >kernel

> >one

> >> Yikes. This device is more complex than I thought.  The 'triggers' as
> >
> >above
> >
> >> can also trigger each other alongside causing a set of channels to be
> >> captured.
> >>
> >> I don't think this changes the logic behind my above answer, but it
> >
> >does
> >
> >> mean you are going to have some trouble coming up with a control
> >
> >interface
> >
> >> for the triggers. This may need some core changes to allow for a
> >
> >graph of
> >
> >> triggers setup (it's not even restricted to a tree).  To illustrate.
> >> Trigger 1 can fire after T1 secs.  That can then start any other
> >
> >trigger
> >
> >> (including restarting it's own count down) and/or cause channels to
> >
> >be
> >
> >> sampled.  Lets say it starts trigger 2 and not itself.  Trigger 2
> >
> >then
> >
> >> fires after T2 seconds and starts up Triggers 1 and 3. etc...
> >>
> >> sometimes I think hardware designers go out of their way to make
> >
> >general
> >
> >> purpose software design really really tricky...
> >
> >Hi Jonathan,
> >
> >let's not overcomplicate things. Let's do it like this:
> >
> >1) Register 4 IIO devices
> >2) Each device has one delay trigger
> >3) Each delay trigger can be reconfigured only if it is not used by any
> >channel
> >(meaning that on that particular IIO, no channel is opened)
> >4) We well allow only 8 channels in total
> >5) Each IIO will have to have attributes -- how many samples it should
> >do, how
> >long between them
> >
> >Are there some utils to test the IIO? Other than sysfs, which won't
> >allow me to
> >try continuous sampling of multiple channels.

> [...]

All right. Also, what did you mean by wiring touchscreen and such? I assume I'd
rather think about it in the design too, but how should I go about it? Let the
iio driver be a composite device that in turn registers another (input) device?
Or simply put the touchscreen driver input drivers/input/ and export some calls
from the IIO driver to allow the touchscreen driver somehow bind with it?