Common clock API for i.MX

Shawn Guo shawn.guo at linaro.org
Thu Jan 26 01:10:14 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 07:54:08PM -0600, Matt Sealey wrote:
> Hi Arnd/RMK/Sascha,
>
> We're trying to bring up a good batch of drivers here for MX51 and
> EfikaMX systems and noticed that the released 3.2 kernel doesn't
> include the common clock stuff that all the other platforms seem to be
> using. In order to get things tested on a stable kernel before we leap
> ahead, especially for Sascha's IPU code and in general platform
> independence for any code using the clock API (by that I mean I don't
> want to have to hack #include <mach/clock.h> in anything if I can help
> it) I kind of need the newbies guide to where the clock code
> tree/branch actually lives and more specifically is there a minimal
> patchset I should be looking at rather than merging down a development
> tree on top of our kernel?
>
> The last discussion I saw on this was April last year, and now things
> are moving to mach-imx this is starting to get a little complicated,
> there's a lot of disjointed history to walk through. Any advise on
> what to do and where to look would be invaluable. Is the patchset from
> April (which starts here from the cleanest tree I can find;
> http://git.pengutronix.de/?p=imx/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=32c99207d4231ae4f807866b29bbfd0415087400)
> still valid or is there somewhere better I should be looking?

Mike Turquette picked up the work several months ago, and has posted
4 versions since then.  The following branch has the latest version.

http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=people/mturquette/linux.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/v3.2-rc5-clkv4

Richard Zhao has been closely tracking the work to have imx5 clock
migrated to it.  And the latest code can be found on the branch below.

http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=people/riczhao/linux-2.6.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/v3.2-rc5-clkv4

--
Regards,
Shawn