[Fwd: Re: imx53]

David Lynch Jr. dhlii at dlasys.net
Wed Jan 25 13:56:22 EST 2012

I just pulled the most recent copy of linus's tree 3.3 something.
It appears that significantly more i.mx53 drivers are getting into that
source than last time I looked.

Now I am trying to build it for the i.MX53 QSB - the development
platform I am using.

Myriads of config options have changed since the 2.6.38.3 that I have
somewhat working. Just borrowing the .config appears to be
insufficient.

After some mucking arround that included Kconfig changes I was able to
get CONFIG_FB_IMX set and build a kernel with it, but it does not appear
to be getting initialized.

What do I need to do to get Linux to use this driver ?
Has ARM 3.3 moved to device trees ?

Is there something else I am missing ?