possible hrtimer related problem on tegra

Marc Dietrich marvin24 at gmx.de
Sun Jan 22 10:18:12 EST 2012

Hi,

I've been plagued with random lockups starting with Linux 3.0.13 (pulled from
ChromeOS-3.0 tree) on a Tegra board (paz00). First symtoms are slowly losing
responsiveness followed by a total lockup (nothing in dmesg, no oops). Using
performance governor instead of ondemand, made it go away.

So I started bisecting 3.0.12..3.0.13 and finially found that reverting
24ee8bfe (hrtimer: Fix extra wakeups from __remove_hrtimer()) fixes the
problem.

As Olof mentioned on IRC it is likely that the patch does not directly causes
lockups but something else which was hidden before. It isn't clear to me if
other tegra boards (seaboard, harmony) also suffer from this.

Any hints on this issue are appreciated.

Thanks

Marc