omap clocksource timer selection: dmtimer OR 32K-Sync timer

Hiremath, Vaibhav hvaibhav at ti.com
Mon Jan 16 04:16:22 EST 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 22:20:03, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Shilimkar, Santosh <santosh.shilimkar at ti.com> [120113 06:08]:

> Why don't you just add a new entry to mach-omap2/timer.c using the OMAP_SYS_TIMER
> macro?

Tony,

The entry is already present in mach-olmap2/timer.c

OMAP_SYS_TIMER_INIT(3_am33xx, 1, OMAP4_MPU_SOURCE, 2, OMAP4_MPU_SOURCE)
OMAP_SYS_TIMER(3_am33xx)

The issue is not related to this, more with respect to compile time
Code -

#ifdef CONFIG_OMAP_32K_TIMER
static void __init omap2_gp_clocksource_init(int unused, const char *dummy)
{
	32K TIMER code
}
#else
static void __init omap2_gp_clocksource_init(int unused, const char *dummy)
{
	DMTIMER code
}
#endif

Omap2plus_defconfig enabled option "CONFIG_OMAP_32K_TIMER", so from
Multi-omap point of view it will break AM335x.

Thanks,
Vaibhav