Git pull request: shmobile fix for the vmalloc series

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue Jan 3 04:59:58 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 11:34:21PM -0500, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> Russell, please pull the following into your devel-stable branch:
>
> 	git://git.linaro.org/people/nico/linux vmalloc
>
> This contains a patch from Magnus Damm fixing the oversized DMA area
> issue on shmobile, and a revert of the temporary and noisy workaround
> (which is already in your devel-stable branch) that was needed because
> of that issue.

Is there much point?  shmobile shows no sign of fixing their #error for
the restart changes (and haven't responded to any of my emails) - I
think we should be thinking about removing this -clearly- unmaintained
set of platforms.

So, it currently looks like I'm going to be pushing a #error for them
in during the next merge window.  I'd much rather just delete the
unmaintained code to avoid adding those evil things.