patch "tty: serial: OMAP: ensure FIFO levels are set correctly in non-DMA" added to tty tree

Paul Walmsley paul at pwsan.com
Sat Feb 4 14:37:06 EST 2012

On Sat, 4 Feb 2012, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 10:32:16AM -0700, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> > On Sat, 4 Feb 2012, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> >
> > > [detailed discussion of framing errors]
> >
> > Thanks for the detailed description.  If the driver is in fact discarding
> > characters with framing errors -- which I have not personally verified --
> > then taking further action there is pointless.
>
> Paul, I know you don't particularly like me getting involved with OMAP
> issues, but tough.  You don't seem to understand some of these issues so
> you're going to get more explanation.

Hehe.  Oh, hurt me again with more explanation, please ;-)  I can't take
it ;-)  I happen to enjoy many of your technical explanations.  Doesn't
necessarily mean that we're always in agreement, though.

As for the part about not wanting you involved with OMAP, that's an
interesting perspective, considering I mentioned to you at ELC-E last year
my appreciation of your technical review on the lists.  And you'll
probably note, if you care to review the lists, that many of my E-mail
quoted.

Of course the snarky, personal bits can be unnecessarily irritating, but
anyone who's in this line of work just has to deal with them, it seems.

So if you want to believe otherwise, there's nothing I can do to control
that.  But you should represent this as your personal perspective, and
not as someone else's, e.g., mine.

- Paul