3.7 kernel hangs when doing scp

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 09:56:12 EST 2012

Hi Greg,

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 12:43 AM, Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 12:01:35AM -0200, Fabio Estevam wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Booting a 3.7 kernel on a mx6qsabrelite board via NFS and using an
>> asix USB/Ethernet adapter and then I try to transfer a 10MB file from
>> the target to the host:
>
> Has this ever worked before on any older kernel?

We did more experiments on this and we noticed that:

- mx51 running kernel 3.7 does not show this problem (tested a non-dt
mx51 kernel, which uses drivers/usb/host/ehci-mxc.c instead of the
chipidea driver.)
- x86 running 3.2 kernel does not show this problem
- usb support on mx6 has appeared on 3.6, but running an out-of-tree
3.0.35 kernel also shows the same issue.
- Doing long file transfers via mass storage on mx6 running 3.7 works fine.

Shawn/Sascha/Peter,

Any suggestions as to how debug this? By looking at the kernel dumps
it seems to point to 'gic_handle_irq' area.

Thanks,

Fabio Estevam