[v3] Add basic address decoding support for Marvell 370/XP

Sebastian Hesselbarth sebastian.hesselbarth at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 06:37:24 EDT 2012

On 8/21/12, Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> wrote:
> Or maybe, you want me to change the "depends on PLAT_ORION" of the
> Orion NAND driver to "depends on PLAT_ORION_LEGACY" so that this driver
> cannot be selected for now with mach-mvebu? As part of the PLAT_ORION
> -> PLAT_ORION_LEGACY conversion, it would make sense. Of course, I
> would do it for the other drivers as well (crypto, dma, etc.).

Thomas,

I have reworked addr-map to allow for both Armada 370/XP and Orion SoCs
merging into mach-mvebu. Instead of reusing PLAT_ORION this is totally
independent but reusing as much code as possible. I can send it hopefully
today if I get it cleaned up. I also have irq-mvebu, irq-orion, and time-mvebu
patches that merge code. With that patches booting Dove into mach-mvebu
works until DMA kicks in because XOR hasn't event touched for DT support
and is still missing.

Armada 370/XP should still work as they do with current patches in for-3.7
with little changes in DT. But that of course must be tested by you.

Sebastian