[v3] Add basic address decoding support for Marvell 370/XP

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Sun Aug 19 10:16:03 EDT 2012

On Sunday 19 August 2012, Jason Cooper wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 03:21:56PM +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:

> > > I'm getting the following build error with orion_nand enabled:
> > >
> > >   CC      drivers/mtd/nand/orion_nand.o
> > > drivers/mtd/nand/orion_nand.c:24:27: fatal error: mach/hardware.h: No
> > > such file or directory
> > > compilation terminated.
> >
> > Are you perhaps trying to enable the orion_nand driver for a mach-mvebu
> > platform (Armada 370 or XP)? If it's the case, then yes, this build
> > breakage is expected: we haven't enabled any of the I/O for now, so we
> > don't have hardware.h yet. This is not something that is broken due to
> > the address decoding changes.
>
> Ok, I've added Arnd and Olof to the CC.  The above is exactly what I
> did.
>
> Arnd, how extensive is the 'make randconfig' testing in next?  Is this
> something that needs to be fixed before we push?  I found it by a fluke,
> but the right randconfig would light it up as well.

If there is a bug you know about, you should fix it. In the above
example, I would guess that you should not actually need to include
mach/hardware.h, so the fix should be simple. In general, we should
eliminate mach/hardware.h where we can and put register locations
into resource, and offsets into the drivers themselves.

	Arnd