PATCH Add support for the Iomega IX2-200 Device Tree

alan butler alanbutty12 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 17:23:29 EDT 2012

On 15 August 2012 22:15, Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn.ch> wrote:
> Hi Alan
>
>> i did what you sujested and all commands worked except for the git
>> sendmail part so i do not know if I should still be sending you the
>> patch this way but here it is. i also defined the gpio keys in the dts
>> file like you said the same as with the iconnect but the kernel keeps
>> crashing with them defined in the dts is the support actualy there for
>> the keys? or have i just defined them wrong?

>> +             sata at 80000 {
>> +                     compatible = "marvell,orion-sata";
>> +                     reg = <0x80000 0x5000>;
>> +                     interrupts = <21>;
>> +                     status = "okay";
>> +                     nr-ports = <2>;
>> +             };
>
> You should not need all the values above. All you need is what is
> different to the defaults in kirkwood.dtsi. So i _think_ you need:
>
>                 sata at 80000 {
>                         status = "okay";
>                         nr-ports = <2>;
>                 };
>

>> +     gpio_keys {
>> +             compatible = "gpio-keys";
>> +             #address-cells = <1>;
>> +             #size-cells = <0>;
>> +             button at 1 {
>> +                     label = "OTB Button";
>> +                     linux,code = <0x00>;
>
> 0x00 seems odd.
>
> From <linux/input.h>
>
> #define KEY_RESERVED            0
>

>> +                     gpios = <&gpio1 4 1>;
>> +                     debounce-interval = <100>;
>> +             };
>> +             button at 2 {
>> +                     label = "Reset";
>> +                     linux,code = <0x01>;
>
> 0x01 seems odd.
> #define KEY_ESC                 1
>
>> +                     gpios = <&gpio0 12 1>;
>> +                     debounce-interval = <100>;
>> +             };
>> +             button at 3 {
>> +                     label = "Power";
>> +                     linux,code = <0x028>;
>
> #define KEY_APOSTROPHE          40
>
> ???
>
>         Andrew

ah yeah the last key was a typo and the second key was just what was
in the origional file i was creating the patch from until i can get
the system to properly boot with the buttons defined in the dts file.
(was just kinda using those values as placeholders till i get the
kernel to boot with them then figure out the proper codes)

As for the sata definition that was just an experiment i forgot to
change back (wanted to see if it made any difference).