Merging Cadence macb/gem patches

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Tue Sep 13 09:56:58 EDT 2011

On Tuesday 13 September 2011, Jamie Iles wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:36:55AM +0100, Jamie Iles wrote:
> > Hi Arnd,
> >
> > I have a series of patches[1] to add support for the Cadence GEM
> > Ethernet MAC to the macb driver.  A while back, DaveM said that he would
> > be happy for these to go through an ARM tree[2], so would you pull these
> > into the arm-soc tree?
> >
> > At the moment my patches are based on 3.1-rc1, but since then the
> > drivers have been moved about and git merge doesn't seem to resolve
> > this, so should I base them on the commit that moved them from the
> > netdev tree?  I'm not sure how to handle this.
>
> Would you be able to take these if I send you a pull request please?

Hi Jamie,

Sorry for not replying earlier on this. I first tried merging them
when you sent the mail, but couldn't figure out a good way, especially
with git.kernel.org being down, I can't see how the merge with the
netdev tree would go (it would probably fail miserably because of the
file move).

DaveM, do you have a copy of the netdev tree available somewhere else,
so I can take these patches into a branch that I push after yours is
in? If not, I think it would be better to take the driver into your
tree instead, including the ARM specific changes.

	Arnd