KVM ARM interrupt virtualization

bill4carson bill4carson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 06:32:21 EDT 2011

On 2011年09月08日 16:54, Catalin Marinas wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 02:44:45AM +0100, carson bill wrote:

>>> Shouldn't you use the CT_CA15X4_MPIC base address? As for TWD, with
>>> A15 we use the generic timers (which also have support for
>>> virtualisation). The SCU doesn't need to be touched on A15, AFAIK.
>> Thanks Catalin for your reply :)
>>
>> Do you mean Guest OS have to be built with A15 too ?
> Only if you need to benefit from the virtual GIC interface. The GIC CPU
> interface on A9 starts at offset 0x100, which isn't multiple of
> PAGE_SIZE, so there is no way to map the GICV page (PAGE_SIZE aligned)
> there. As you noted, there are other private peripherals in the same
> page like TWD. This was cleaned up with A15 making the GIC interfaces
> page-aligned.
>
>> Currently Versatile Express Cortex-A9x4 tile is used as Guest OS.
>> That's why I have to map A9_MPCORE_GIC_CPU from Guest OS into
>> A15_MPCORE_GIC_CPU at host side.
> Can the guest OS not run with the VE/A15 memory map? You don't even need
> to have LPAE enabled, just the A15 core tile support for VE
> (unfortunately kernel.org is down now and cannot point you to the
> relevant patches).

Hi, Catalin

Thanks for your kindness.
I will wait for that.

There is much more involved if I want to use A15 as Guest OS,
cause Qemu haven't got any A15 support yet.
I'm trying to work on this first, apparently I need more detailed
information
about FastModelPortfolio_6.1/examples/RTSM_VE/Build_Cortex-A15x1.
I didn't find any relevant A15 board doc/spec at arm site, especially
memory map.
Could you please point it out for me?

tons of thanks

bill